Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Week 7, Thing 16: Wiki

When I first thought of Wiki, I thought of Wikipedia. And I never really like Wikipedia in the past... It's a good idea and sounds great but how do they keep it safe and truthful.

So I read up on some of the Wiki that other libraries are using, and thought they were good. I liked the way they all had a different twist on how they used their wiki page but I kept thinking how it could be unsafe. So I check to see if I could edit it... nope. (One point for wiki) So good, they can keep random people out from changing their site.

Then I had to go back to Wikipedia and figure out how they keep it truthful with everybody in the world able to edit it. After awhile I found the FAQs and was able to find out that people are monitoring all the changes people make on the site and can see who is making the changes. (Another point for wiki) I have faith in Wiki and Wikipedia now....YAY!!

I like how Princeton Public Library use their wiki for book reviews.

No comments: